So far this year, (2019), the Erewash Canal Preservation & Development Association (ECPDA) have been honoured to receive the following awards.
ECP&DA Awards 2019
- Queen's Award for voluntary Service
In early June it was announce that the ECP&DA volunteers had been awarded the prestigious Queen's Award for Voluntary Service - the MBE for volunteer groups.
- East Midlands Charity Awards
In late June, ECP&DA were presented with a 'Highly Commended' certificate from the East Midlands Charity Awards for their work on the Erewash Canal, Langley Mill Basin and their workboat Pentland.
- Green Flag Award for the Erewash Canal
- In mid-July the ECP&DA and the Canal & River Trust were awarded Green Flag status for the Erewash Canal. This is a reflection on the work that has been done by ECP&DA volunteers over the last 50 years. Well done to you all.
- Queen's Award for Voluntary Service Presentation
On 27 August 2019 the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service certificate was presented by the Lord Lieutenant of Derbyshire to the ECP&DA Chairman, Norman Cornwell and the crystal was presented to the ECP&DA President, Jim Stevenson.
The presentation took place at the New Horizon church Langley Mill and was attended by about 60 ECP&DA members and other local dignitaries.
- Informal Learning
In August 2019 the ECP&DA Sandiacre volunteers were awarded a Sandford Award for Informal Learning. Well done to the Sandiacre Lock cottage volunteers.
No images were found.